Pages

Subscribe:

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Blog Post 5: The Finale

So, I finally finished my genius project and the presentation. Phew... Initially I had some problems with the presentation. My video would not play. Thankfully, I was able to successfully get my presentation up and running. When I got up on the stage I felt more confident that I was going to be able to do well. I felt that I spoke fluently, and spoke in a loud voice. I have no idea though what the teachers thought. I really wanted this to be a talk, so I tried to speak in a formal sense, but not so incredibly formal that it seemed like a report. I had no flashcards or script. Purposefully of course (Although I did practice at home). I wanted to speak without a script so that I could speak my mind on the subject and not be worried what to say next. I wanted it to be as if it was a conversation. Scripts are not conversations. Also, flashcards make you look down, and make it seem even more like a report. Quotes, although I felt were nice, I felt made his presentation too "report" like. So I excluded quotes in order to not bore my audience. This was my opinion on what made a good TALK. Maybe McPerlman will disagree, but I went on my on terms here. I felt that it made for a fine presentation. I did follow the TED commandments. I found these to be quite helpful, and made for a good outline.

Well, I think the final product I came out with, which was a 3 question quiz game, ended up turning out nice. It took me a few hours of programming in order to create it. I think that it looked great, and functioned great. It was not my initial image of my final product, but I was happy with it anyways.


























I think that this project taught be what I needed to get my android career off the ground. I actually intend to continue programming for android. Maybe one day I will be able to publish an app on the app store.

Overall, I fell that my project was a success. I hope that more android is in my future, and I hope that this will lead me to be a better programmer in general.



Commented Blogs (3/26/15): Alycia Lee, Matt Greaff, Brett Hu

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Good job on your presentation. The app looks very clean. I do not know the number of lines of codes it took to make this app, or how to expand on this, but I see that this project has created a great foundation for any further endeavors in creating android apps.
P.S. Nice GIFs by the way.

Post a Comment